Caitlin in Cambridge

Chapter two of my international adventures and studies: More than you'll ever want to know about my life in Cambridge, England

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Madrid, where Jen C never sleeps!

I'm back from a long weekend in Madrid, visiting Jen C., my favorite illegal immigrant to the E.U., and now I need a vacation to recover. It was a shock to my system after being so used to my Cambridge schedule, which is mostly sleeping, writing, and eating. Lots of fun though. The weather was gorgeous and Jen's life is full of drama, antics, good wine, and great friends - so it made the weekend highly enjoyable and gave me plenty of good stories to retell now that I'm back to my boring routine here. So, if you like gossiping about random Spaniards you don't know, ask me about JuanJo (pronounced Ho), the fake Italian, salsa dancing (or lack there of), and, of course, Annie's stories about Maria...

Just one month to go till the thesis is due...am still working out an argument, but my advisor doesn't seem to think this is a problem... Though I am concerned about fitting in all this writing between formal dinners, garden parties, and, of course, dvd marathons of Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and everyone's favorite telenovela La Madrastra with Megan and Leo...perhaps I should stay on for the PhD just so I have some more tv watching time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home