Caitlin in Cambridge

Chapter two of my international adventures and studies: More than you'll ever want to know about my life in Cambridge, England

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back to the blog

Ok, since both James and Jen have hassled me in the past week about not updating this, I thought I'd better do so before anyone else comments...Of ocurse, I think you two may be the only ones who read this....

Anyway, in honor of my bothering to get on here and write something, I'm going to skip the amazing adventures of Chris, Caitlin, Mom, and Abbey in Cambridge, Bath, and London and go straight to Thursday night's activities, which Jen at least will find amusing.

Thursday, I went to Man on the Moon with my housemate Alzeena to see her boyfriend's band. It was a tiny little venue with lots of...um...character. Anyway, it sort of reminded me of my punk rock stage, making me think back to the days when I hung out with Anthony S. and Dave U. (amused yet, Jen?). Then everything went all twilight zone...the drummer for one of the bands looked like Erik Johnson - with a British accent. The whole night was fun, though not as much fun as when I was an actual punk rock fan. But it gave me time to ponder (since no one could talk over the music) the association between punk rock and swing dancing....And I realized that nearly all of those guys who were into punk also went swing dancing. I couldn't figure out if there's some implicit relationship or if Dan Dunn had just dragged them all to a swing club at some point.....I shall continue to ponder this in my free time.

Free time which is becoming quite short, actually. My thesis is due June 19th...which seems a long ways off, until I remember just how long the thesis needs to be....

My new favorite thing (related to the thesis anxiety) is that Easter candy is now half price. Hurray for chocolate in the shape of eggs and rabbits!

OK, I hope that satiates your desire for new blog material. I can't be bothered to think of anything else before dinner.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catalina,

I just wanted to let you know that I read the blog, too... and I like updates. I find it's more fun to read blogs than to do my homework :)

~ Kerry

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chica,

I read them too... also when I'm procrastinating, but mostly cause it takes you forever to get back to emails. And ya, I have like 10 lbs of easter chocolate.... ohhh, how I love things on sale. We shall talk soon. Till then, good luck on the thesis!!!!! It'll rock, I know it.
Chau!
Ashley

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Caitlin,

Leaving a message here, b/c I'm not sure if I have your most current e-mail. Thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful azalea. Gibson and I are so touched that you were thinking of us. We are hanging in there, and can't wait to see you in July. We both love you a lot. We'll be planting the azalea soon, in Tracy's honor. love, Cara & Gibson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home