Caitlin in Cambridge

Chapter two of my international adventures and studies: More than you'll ever want to know about my life in Cambridge, England

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving (I promise I won't whinge much)

Why I loved yesterday:

  • Thanksgiving
  • Making Parker House rolls
  • They fixed my heater! I can now sleep with only one layer of flannel instead of 3!
  • My supervisor LOVED my research plan - and says that I should make sure I get to the beach (hey, there are migrants at the beach!)
  • My supervisor thinks I'm fairly smart, said it was clear that I have an affinity for feminist methodology, and believed the BS I gave her when she asked me what were the most importan parts of that methodology that I want to inlcude...
  • Mashed sweet potatoes
  • I bought a mug that says Trinity Hall. I'm having coffee in it now.
  • And, of course, I have discovered my affinity for feminist methodology and the activist principle. Sweet, that sounds REALLy smart!
  • She also thought my bibliography was a good length (I thought she was going to say, that's all you've read?)
  • International Thanksgiving dinner on Bateman St.
  • Christine made pumpkin pie
  • No class till Tuesday
  • And then only 2 more days of class in term
  • Scott made a flaming German drink
  • I nicked a bottle of wine that was left over
  • Have been requested to make mashed sweet potatoes for house Christmas dinner
  • Mom calling while we both made Parker House rolls on opposite sides of the Atlantic

Things I disliked:

  • It took them till now to fix my heater...and it took 2 minutes to fix it, why did I have to wait 3 weeks?
  • Too few cooks for too much food (Christine, James, Elly, and I cooked dinner for 15 in tiny kitchens scattered around Cambridge)
  • No good masher, making potatoes a real workout (actually, I suppose that could go in the positive column)
  • Too few leftovers!

So, good day. Lovely. And today I'm off to a film festival in London with my coursemates.

So, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope to see lots of you very soon. Hurray for the end of term (Assuming I get through exams alive)... I'll be back across the Atlantic in just a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home